5 Tips For More Swimming Pool Fun
Swimming is a wonderful exercise that can benefit anyone. If youíre not fortunate enough to have your own pool, you can use your local public swimming pool, or even swim in the sea if youíre reasonably close to the coast. Whatever way you do it, try to get wet often; itís good for you and lots of fun too!
1. Keep moderation in mind when you go in the pool. Begin with short period of 10 to 20 minutes. You can increase this when you gain in stamina. And donít try all the hardest strokes at first. Build up to it gently.
2. Use a quality filter for your pool. Trying to save here will only result in constant maintenance costs. It will also mean swimming in a pool that is always dirty.
3. Repair any tear in your swimming pool liner as soon as possible. If the tear is three inches or less it should repair easily. If it is larger you may have to replace the entire liner.
4. Donít allow children (or adults) to run near the pool. Running and diving into a pool is asking for trouble. Accidents can easily happen on slippery surfaces, so play safe always.
5. If you find that all your pool toys, chemicals and cleaners are becoming unmanageable, find someplace to store them. A shed or pool house near the pool is ideal. However, be careful not to store chemicals that may react with each other close together. Also make sure the room is well ventilated. Hand mitts, paddles, swim fins, and kickboards are all ways to make your swimming more fun and challenging to provide better exercise. These days you can even swim to music by using a specially designed radio that fits into a waterproof bag. So donít just lounge around the pool all day. Use it as it is intended to be used Ė swim and enjoy life!
Tri Series Articles
Tri Series Books