Biking - Running - Swim - Workout
Run Eat - Nutrition - Ocean Swim - Sponsorship
Mineral supplements are receiving a great deal of attention and experiencing a tremendous period of growth. Despite their popularity, questions continue to arise regarding the research behind their claims, the efficacy of different forms, and their overall safety. It is critical for the health care community and the general public to have an unbiased source of authoritative information.
Handbook of Minerals as Nutritional Supplements provides a comprehensive presentation and interpretation of the current state of research on various mineral supplements. It discusses the science behind the major minerals, the latest research on the mineral's ability to correct deficiencies that may compromise health, and some of the popular health claims. Each chapter focuses on a particular mineral and features the same headings, ensuring that the retrieval of information is quick and easy.
As the first book on supplements written by a university mineral researcher specifically for the biomedical research and professional health care community, the information is technical enough to satisfy a biomedical audience, yet avoids jargon used mainly by mineral specialists. The author presents various perspectives on controversial issues, and then offers his knowledgeable opinion on the best course of action, all in an effort to provide guidance on the wise use of mineral supplements.
Heart disease is one of today’s most common and preventable health conditions.
Learn how to reduce your risk, strengthen your heart, and even reverse the disease process with:
- 52 foods and supplements for a healthy heart
- The most comprehensive, up-to-date information on how to promote a healthy heart naturally and nutritiously
- A-to-Z listings of the most essential heart-smart foods, vitamins, and supplements
- Simple, nutritional ways to reduce cholesterol, lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart attack, and reverse the process of heart disease
- How to incorporate healthier foods and supplements into your daily diet
- Delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes that your whole family will love
- Which supplements to take to replace nutrients that are lost when taking statins
- The latest medical studies supporting the importance of certain foods and supplements for a strong, healthy heart
In this concise Users Guide, Michael Janson describes the best nutritional and herbal supplements for preventing and reversing heart disease. Some of these supplements, such as coenzyme Q10 and hawthorn, many be less well known than others, but they are still powerful, natural health-promoting substances. Dr. Janson also provides clear guidelines for how to use these supplements safely.
Tri Series Articles
Tri Series Books